Sunday, August 10, 2008

my new house!


Here is a picture of my new house!  It is great.  Here are the reasons it is awesome.

1. It is a house.  As in, two floors, three bedrooms, living room, dining room, den AND kitchen, bathroom approximately the size of my bedroom in NYC, front porch and yard.

2. It has a washer and dryer.  Oh, how long has this been my dream.  You know when I can do laundry now?  Whenever I want!  No more dragging my dirty clothes down three flights of stairs, up to the corner, down the block and across the street.  Sweet!

3. My roommates are awesome.  Andy is a third-year film production student at USC, and Yvette is a production designer and LA native who has lived in the neighborhood for 12 years.  They are both super laid back and awesome.  Did I say awesome enough times?  Yvette even drove me to the airport the day I met her!  How nice is that?

4. There are two cats.  An added bonus cause I will miss my bebes Leo and Miles, who are staying in New York.

5. It's close to campus.  Not exactly walking distance, but a short bus ride away, or an even shorter bike ride if I decide to get a bike and learn how to ride it.

6. My room is sweet.  Big, beautiful dark hardwood floors, little nook/walk-in closet, and mostly furnished courtesy of my awesome roommates.

7. Good writer karma.  Apparently the last like 5 people who lived in that room have been writers, so that seemed like a good sign.

I found this place after a day and a half of mostly fruitless hunting, so I was really excited.  Man, are there a lot of crappy places for rent around USC.  There was the place with the paintings of naked ladies in the living room, the place with no living room, no A/C, and a mattress that I didn't dare touch, and the place with the loud woman who was quite clearly a drug addict wandering up and down the street.  Needless to say, I am psyched to move in on the 17th!

No comments:

Post a Comment