Tuesday, January 12, 2010

new year's resolution

I didn't really put much thought into any this year, but now I have one.

Make an effort to make it out to as much Palestine-related political stuff in LA as I can, even though much of it's on the west side, an hour-plus trip in each direction by public transportation.

This is really a resolution born out of desperation, because, inconceivable as it may seem, it feels like another "war" may be coming to Gaza, and if I don't feel like I'm doing something I will seriously lose it. Besides, I tell myself that if Palestinians can queue up at checkpoints at 3am every day for work, I can take a bus.

I'm starting with this. I'm one of the speakers, so I have no excuse not to be there :-).

CODEPINK LA Gaza Freedom March Reportback
Thursday, January 14, 6-8pm
Venice United Methodist Church
1020 Victoria Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90291

No comments:

Post a Comment