Monday, November 8, 2010

oh yeah. i live in new york city now.

I moved back to New York last week, after two years and two months away.  It's fucking sweet.  I haven't even been doing anything all that spectacular: hanging out with friends I haven't seen in a while, eating yummy food (although in moderation, as I am rather poor at the moment), knowing I can get anywhere on my own at any time of day/night.  But sometimes I'll catch myself walking down the street with a little smile on my face, just basking in the awesomeness: the city's energy, its pace, its diversity, the way it can seem tough and welcoming at the same time.  What more can I say?  New York is my home.

I'm going to write more about my new temporary neighborhood, Washington Heights.  But for now, in celebration of my return, I give you a pitch-perfect New Yorker post from the Village Voice, 50 Reasons to Be Pretty Damn Euphoric You Live in New York City.

UPDATE!  The 50 reasons have a follow-up post, which is almost as awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment