So, I was always one of those people who was like, "Dude, I'll never start a blog. My life just isn't that interesting--to me, or to anyone else."
In the grand scheme of the world, that statement is probably still true (after all, it's not like I'm blogging from Iraq or anything). However, it did occur to me that if I ever did something reasonably interesting, I might like to try documenting it and see how it goes. I was partially inspired by my ex-co-workers Eric and Maha, who both went off and did something interesting and wrote about it, and by friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend Rachael Wylie, who did something much more involved, wrote about it, and runs with the coolest Christians I know.
Well, I am not moving to Nicaragua. But, as it turns out, in a few months' time I will be moving from the East Coast, where my girlfriend, all of my immediate family, and most of my friends reside, to Los Angeles, a city I have never visited and once swore I would never live in. Concurrent with this move, I will be starting my MFA in screenwriting at the University of Southern California, something I have wanted to do for a while but am quite shocked to discover is actually happening.
I have determined that this qualifies as interesting enough to write about. Hell, it may even be interesting enough to read about...if you know me and have way too much time on your hands. In this blog, I will attempt to document that which I find relevant about my cross-country trek, my new city, my grad school experience, and anything else going on in the world I feel I have something to say about--and if you know me, you know that last category is a big one. Over time, I may change the focus of the blog or decide to write about new things. Hey, maybe I will even do something else interesting one day.
So stay tuned for further developments...
- Laura
I partially inspired someone?! Holy crap!
ReplyDeleteVery pumped to know another kid in LA (you are #2, come whenever you move). Looking forward to future posts, especially if you continue name-dropping me.