Thursday, October 30, 2008

gay marriage = hitler?

You know it's getting down to the wire on Prop 8 when the super-duper crazies come out. But even I don't quite know where to begin with this one: Brad Dacus of the right-wing Pacific Justice Institute comparing same-sex marriage to the rise of the Nazis.



Um...wow.

WTF????

Wow.

Wait...listen closely...did he just invoke Pastor Martin Niemoller? The "first they came for the..." guy???? Even though, as far as I can tell, the little story he's telling never happened? Even though, um, thousands of gays and lesbians were killed in the Holocaust? Even though...AAAHHH IRONY OVERLOAD GAAAAAAHHHHMRFSOORHBAFJALDBLH--

Well. I guess you can understand why these people might be whipped up into a frothing frenzy of messianic homophobic rage. The end of the world is coming, after all.

Just be careful, Brad Dacus. When you start comparing gays to Nazis, it can only lead to this.

1 comment:

  1. Well. That makes sense. Its not like the Nazis were discriminating against an entire group of people or anything. Oh wait...

    ReplyDelete