Sunday, December 14, 2008

baghdad shoe attack GO!

Oh, what a delight to watch President Bush, on his final visit to Iraq, get a pair of shoes thrown at him by an irate (and perhaps unwisely ballsy) Iraqi journalist.

The video has already, shall we say, gone viral, and turning on any real or satirical news broadcast will give you the chance to watch it again...and again...and again. (I've watched it about six times already.) While I must say I fear for this enterprising journalist's life, he can at least be content knowing that he has given the world a wonderful parting gift on behalf of the Bush administration.

There are numerous places to find the aforementioned video, but I like this one in particular, because it seems clear that these two serious, British-accented journalists find this pretty funny and are trying really hard to hide it.



Look at that man duck! At least Bush has excellent reflexes. He almost looks like he gets stuff thrown at him all the time.

As Michael Ware explains, throwing or hitting someone with a shoe is pretty much the ultimate insult in Iraqi culture. To the shoe-throwing journalist, who probably got the shit kicked out of him for this: I salute you!

No comments:

Post a Comment