I haven't really seen the point of this whole Twitter thing until now...until it occurred to me that while I probably won't have blog access during my trek across Sinai and through the Rafah border crossing, I will have a cell phone. And T-Mobile assures me that it will work anywhere in the world now that I have signed up for their global roaming whatever thingy.
It occurred to me that this is actually a situation in which Twitter could be remotely useful, if we get stuck somewhere and need to contact friends and comrades to spread the word, contact media and embassies, etc....or, if it just takes a friggin' long time and I want to document it.
So, what the hell? Follow me on Twitter! I don't really know how to use it yet, and I don't know how regularly I'll be, er, tweeting after the Gaza trip, but I'll be carrying enough technology with me that I figure it's worth the experiment.
No comments:
Post a Comment